JUST BECAUSE I TURNED WATER INTO WINE, I’M NOT TURNING FAT INTO FINE!
I know, I know…. It’s been months since you saw a gym or sat on the yoga mat or went out for a run and your stomach makes noises on every single sight of food. Like really weird noises gurl gurl gurl and you have had enough. So next day, you sat out to follow a diet regime which miserably fails when you are just half way through the day, Oops … you see food or may be whole world is conspiring against you, deliberately it is put in front of you. Its sweet delicious aroma hits your nostrils, you feel spellbound, your intent tends to weaken, your limbs develop mind of their own and reaches out to the gastronomical delicacies, laid out in front of you. You put the food in your mouth, your self-determination which was hanging on the hinges so far finally falls down and you are back to square one.
No man, nothing doing! This whole phase between unhealthy living and leading a fit and healthy lifestyle is never been easy and there are no shortcuts. You have to stop somewhere and start from somewhere. There are certain ways to cruise through that phase without breaking your resolution. First and foremost is putting yourself in proper schedule. There are certain factors related to our day to day activities that affect our health inside out, if taken care of properly, these can help us shed extra fat that we are carrying around. Let’s see what those factors actually are:
- Your waking up and sleeping pattern affects your weight loss. If you are someone who has habit of sleeping late and no specific time of waking up, then mind you, however rigorous exercise you do, you can never lose weight, you can never correct your eating habits as you will always end up having late night snacks, which can only worsen your case. So it’s very important to sleep on time and wake up on time and be consistent. If you sleep less, it triggers a cortisol spike. This stress hormone signals your body to conserve energy to fuel your waking hours; less sleep hampers your metabolism and contributes to weight gain. Seven to eight hours sleep is mandatory to lead a healthy life.
- As soon as you wake up, drink at least three glasses lukewarm water and break your fast with dry fruits (almonds, walnuts, figs etc soaked overnight) as it is very important to eat something within an hour after you wake up because your body is on fast for longer hours(as long as sleep), it boosts your metabolism. Start your day with an apple, it makes a layer of fiber in your stomach, it helps in digesting the food easily and moreover, I believe one should not work out empty stomach, so it’s very important to eat something when you wake up.
- Workout regime: Don’t throw yourself in bone crushing gyming or any other hard workout, start with 10 to 20 minutes workout like walking, light yoga, other light cardio exercises. YouTube is full of 10 or 20 minutes workout videos for beginners, I started my workout journey with power yoga for beginners by Courtney Bell, gradually it increases your stamina , makes you ready for intense workout and your body doesn’t break down.
- Food: Always remember, it’s always 70 percent your food habits and 30 percent exercise which determine your fat loss. If you are not eating healthy and in right proportions, then it’s hard to lose weight. Don’t starve yourself either; eat in small packets in the space of 3 hours. Add more fiber to your diet in the form of fruits and raw vegetables, drink green tea as it helps in curbing food cravings, and eat your dinner at least two hours before you sleep. Avoid wheat for some time; replace it with quinoa, buckwheat, cous cous. Dinner should be little in quantity something like soup or salad. Try to eat clean and avoid junk food, sweet delicacies and refine flour as it takes our system lot of time to clean these from our bodies.
- Water and food should not be mixed strictly; means don’t drink water or any liquid during or immediately after, eating your food. Various studies show that drinking water in between food intake or after it severely hampers digestion by diluting the essential gastric juices and causes an upsurge in insulin level, which not only contributes weight gain but also makes you vulnerable different health problems.
- Give yourself sometime, don’t expect miracles overnight, weight loss needs consistency and patience, it takes nearly 3 months for results to show up, so don’t feel disheartened and keep going. Love yourself and take good care of yourself.
In the end, I just want to say, enjoy your life responsibly, you must not lose your prime years struggling with weight, work towards it, be consistent and results will follow.BE SOMEBODY, NOBODY THOUGHT YOU COULD BE … follow your heart, follow your happiness.
messy bun and getting the stuff done….. loves the smell of fresh coffee in the morning, out and out dreamer, looks at the world through rainbow lens !